Where will your money go?
A gift to the President's Fund for Excellence directly supports our students. Through this fund, the President makes tactical investments to address the highest priorities of today, allowing us to seize emerging opportunities, while building a stable foundation for the future.
What your gift can do:
It's not a bad idea to have a neat breakdown of costs, something like this:
Venue hire (one week): £2300
AV equipment hire (5 nights @£400/night): £2000
Travel (van hire & petrol): £243
Production costs: £1000
Printing costs (200 copies): £60
Note that all numbers and items above are completely made up!
- Launch special initiatives & meet pressing needs as the arise
- Strengthen academic and student life programs
- Provide student aid so we can attract and retain the best and brightest students
- Upgrade technology and resources for students and faculty
- No need to say too much here as you'll have your rewards listed alongside this pitch. But it's worth mentioning that you have some cool things to offer anyone who donates to you.
- Even if you just say "Hey, we have some fab rewards to thank everyone who donates, whatever the amount you might give. Check them out."
Images and video
Liven up your pitch with photos and videos to give a better feel for what you're attempting.
Find us here
Add your website, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or other sites where you'll be giving (very regular) updates during your fundraising campaign. Remember to tell people to "Follow us to find out how we're doing!"
Help us succeed!
- You need as many people as possible to be talking about your project. Everywhere you can think of!
- Ask for help promoting the project – here's an example of the type of thing you might say, to give you some inspiration:
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.
Spread the word